The prerequisite(s) for this Teaching Unit (Unité d’enseignement – UE) for the programmes/courses that offer this Teaching Unit are specified at the end of this sheet.
Using case studies (e.g., real or constructed scenarios, videos, medical records), this course will allow students to:
- Develop and practice the skills involved in the diagnostic process (using concepts from previous lectures, additional literature reviews, and knowledge about assessment instruments)
- Develop the abilities to identify appropriate psychological interventions
- Develop and practice their communication skills, by clearly and accurately presenting the results of their analyses and suggested interventions
At the end of this learning unit, the student is able to :
The goal of this course is to integrate and apply the concepts presented (i) during multiple previous lectures and (ii) in the literature, in order to
- Analyze situations, scenarios, and cases,
- Make a diagnosis, and
- Identify and present the appropriate interventions.
At the end of this course students will be able to analyze a situation (person, group, or institution) in light of the theories, empirical results, and methods specific to psychological sciences (A2). In order to accomplish this goal, the students will have to:
- Know and integrate the concepts discussed during the Clinical Psychology, Health Psychology, and Neuropsychology lectures (A1)
- Search for relevant information in the scientific literature (A1)
- Use instruments and tests to obtain additional information and to adjust and improve their analyses and diagnoses (A2-E1)
- Search and evaluate the information about interventions (B1) and determine the ones that are the most appropriate/ in line with the existing empirical results (E1-E2)
- Communicate in a clear, structured, and precise manner the results of their observations, analyses, and suggested interventions (C1-C2)
The contribution of this Teaching Unit to the development and command of the skills and learning outcomes of the program(s) can be accessed at the end of this sheet, in the section entitled ¿Programmes / formations proposant cette unité d'enseignement (UE)
The contribution of this Teaching Unit to the development and command of the skills and learning outcomes of the programme(s) can be accessed at the end of this sheet, in the section entitled “Programmes/courses offering this Teaching Unit”.