The prerequisite(s) for this Teaching Unit (Unité d’enseignement – UE) for the programmes/courses that offer this Teaching Unit are specified at the end of this sheet.
- The basics of health psychology & the principles of health psychology
- The profession of health psychologist
- Illness cognitions & representations
- Health and well-being at the population level
- Health behaviors and health beliefs
- Biopsychosocial aspects of health conditions: stress, cancer, obesity, HIV, coronary heart disease, pain
- Biopsychosocial aspects of health behaviors: smoking, alcohol consumption, eating behavior, physical exercise, screening
At the end of this learning unit, the student is able to :
The goal of this class is to familiarize students with the general concepts of health psychology.
The contribution of this Teaching Unit to the development and command of the skills and learning outcomes of the programme(s) can be accessed at the end of this sheet, in the section entitled “Programmes/courses offering this Teaching Unit”.