- The welding processes
At the end of this learning unit, the student is able to :
In consideration of the reference table AA of the program "Masters degree in Mechanical Engineering", this course contributes to the development, to the acquisition and to the evaluation of the following experiences of learning:
The contribution of this Teaching Unit to the development and command of the skills and learning outcomes of the programme(s) can be accessed at the end of this sheet, in the section entitled “Programmes/courses offering this Teaching Unit”.
- Definition of welding, welding joint and weldability.
- Influence of the heat input.
- The welding processes: gas welding, arc welding, resistance welding, ...
- The evolution of the properties in the heat affected zone of the welded joint.
- Causes and solutions to avoid the main types of cracking.
- Welding metallurgy, S. Kou, Wiley.
- Advanced welding systems, J. Cornu, Springer-Verlag.
- Modern Welding Technology,H.B. Cary, S.C. Helzer, Pearson, Prentice Hall.
- Manufacturing Engineering and Technology, S. Kalpakjian,S.R. Schmid, Pearson.