- Universal gravitation and applications.
- Aircraft dynamics : equilibrium, stability and control.
- Satellite orbits and attitude stability.
At the end of this learning unit, the student is able to :
In consideration of the reference table AA of the program "Masters degree in Mechanical Engineering", this course contributes to the development, to the acquisition and to the evaluation of the following experiences of learning:
Introduce students to the specific issues of aircraft dynamics, launcher systems and dynamics, and satellite dynamics.
The contribution of this Teaching Unit to the development and command of the skills and learning outcomes of the programme(s) can be accessed at the end of this sheet, in the section entitled “Programmes/courses offering this Teaching Unit”.
- Summary of rigid body mechanics.
- Aircraft dynamics and performance : aerodynamic loads, translational and rotational dynamics, steady state motion, propulsion, stability, controls.
- Launcher dynamics and staging optimisation.
- Satellite dynamics : orbits, transfers, rendezvous, attitude stability.
Written exam in 2 parts:
- theoretical questions
- J.D. ANDERSON, Introduction to Flight
- B. ETKIN Dynamics of Flight - Stability and Control
- L. GEORGE, J-F VERNET, J-C WANNER La mécanique du vol
- J.W. CORNELISSE, H.F.R. SCHÖYER, K.F. WAKKER Rocket Propulsion and Spaceflight Dynamics