- Quality: definition & history
- Where is Quality within an organization?
- Quality Management & Quality Management Systems (QMS): principles, evolution and quality improvements methods
- Extensions of Quality Management: Environment, Safety, CSR, Organizations,…
At the end of this learning unit, the student is able to :
With respect to the reference AA of the programme of studies "Masters degree in Mechanical Engineering", this course contributes to the development and acquisition of the following skills:
Specific learning outcomes of the course:
At the end of the course, the student will be able to
The contribution of this Teaching Unit to the development and command of the skills and learning outcomes of the programme(s) can be accessed at the end of this sheet, in the section entitled “Programmes/courses offering this Teaching Unit”.
- Quality: definition and historical perspectives. How did we reach the current situation, and where could we go next? Examples to show the impact of Quality Management going poorly or making a difference.
- How is Quality integrated in a global company and a company strategy. How does it impact competitiveness, and the critical importance of the holistic view when taking strategic decisions. Roles & Responsibilities of Quality Control (QC), Quality Assurance (QA), Regulatory Affairs (RA), Release, and Continuous Improvements.
- Quality Management, Ethics & Corporate (Social) Responsibility. How is leadership critical in moving companies in the right direction, through shaping a Quality Culture, or driving towards Customer Satisfaction.
- Continuous Improvement: tools and techniques through history and applications.
During the exercise periods, students will get the opportunity to practice the concepts presented. They will participate in a business simulation game that will allow them to play the role of managers / leaders, as a management team.
- The participation to the enterprise simulation (50%) including the final group presentation;
- An oral examination (50%).
- « The Goal : A Process of Ongoing Improvement », E. M. Goldratt, 2014 (or previous editions)
- « Processus et Entreprise 2.0 - Innover par la collaboration et le Lean management », Yves Caseau, 2011
- «Quality Management for organizational excellence: introduction to total quality », David Goetsch & Stanley Davis, 2012