This biannual learning unit is being organized in 2018-2019
The seminar deals with the following themes:
1. Major currents of Latin literature and the major authors;
2. Those authors only known to us through fragments;
3. Historical reconstruction of an event through literary fragments and archaeological information;
4. The notion of royalty under the Republic and the Empire.
At the end of this learning unit, the student is able to :
At the end of this course, the student will be able to identify and place in their context, the major currents of Latin literature and the authors that represent them; to identify the large inventory of authors whose works only exist in fragments; and to retrace the steps necessary to reconstruct an historical event from fragmentary information and archaeological documents.
The contribution of this Teaching Unit to the development and command of the skills and learning outcomes of the programme(s) can be accessed at the end of this sheet, in the section entitled “Programmes/courses offering this Teaching Unit”.
The course deals with the following themes:
- The genres and authors of Latin literature ;