This biannual learning unit is not being organized in 2018-2019 !
The course deals with the following themes:
1. The translation of two major Latin literary works of late Antiquity;
2. The problem of establishing the text;
3. Systematic commentary presenting the context of the work, as well as the literary and human values contained therein.
At the end of this learning unit, the student is able to :
At the end of this course, the student will be capable to translate, analyse and comment on texts of an advanced level. He will be able to explain the historic and cultural context, to bring out the human values expressed therein, as well as to undertake a personal research as an extension of the course, which will be the subject of a written piece of work.
The contribution of this Teaching Unit to the development and command of the skills and learning outcomes of the programme(s) can be accessed at the end of this sheet, in the section entitled “Programmes/courses offering this Teaching Unit”.
Outils de référence ;
- F. Gaffiot, Dictionnaire illustré latin-français, Paris, 2000 (nombreuses rééditions).
- A. Cart, P. Grimal e.a., Grammaire latine, Paris, Nathan, 2007.
- A.-M. Boxus, M. Lavency, Clauis. Grammaire latine pour la lecture des auteurs, Bruxelles, 3e éd., 1999.