This learning unit is not being organized during year 2018-2019.
The CINECLUB LOUVAIN-LA-NEUVE's main purpose is to set up a thematic programme developed all along the season. Each showing is presented by a specialist (a teacher, a scriptwriter, a director').
Renewed every year, the CINECULB LOUVAIN-LA-NEUVE's theme echoes the one chosen by UCLCulture and its artist in residence.
The Campus Cinema Class is directly linked to the showings of the CINECLUB LOUVAIN-LA-NEUVE. The attendance at these showings is thus compulsory for the students who have chosen to take the Campus Cinema Class, which centers around two main activities :
- Plan and set up a cultural event related to the cinema (mini-festival, micro film club, study day) and to CINECLUB LOUVAIN-LA-NEUVE's theme. This activity is aimed at developing the students' sense of team working, as well as programming, producing and communicating skills.
- Write a personal refection (5-10 p.) on the programming choices, resting on theoretical or analytical elements explored during the classes. This written work will prove the student's ability to provide food for thought around the cinema and appropriation of the season's theme.
At the end of this learning unit, the student is able to :
The main purpose of the Campus Cinema Class is to help the student become an active, autonomous and well-informed partner to the organization of activities related to the cinema and the cultural field.
The contribution of this Teaching Unit to the development and command of the skills and learning outcomes of the programme(s) can be accessed at the end of this sheet, in the section entitled “Programmes/courses offering this Teaching Unit”.
- Theoretical sessions: talks around the year's theme and around the cinema
- Practical sessions: workshops centred on the production of a cultural event
- One or many implementing sessions: the cultural event linked to the cinema (mini festival, micro film club')
- The student's attendance to the organized activities (film club, Campus Cinema classes, cultural event)
- The teamwork around the production of the cultural event (in its preparatory phase as well as in its set up)
- The coherence and relevance of the personal reflection (written work)
- CINECLUB LOUVAIN-LA-NEUVE's marketing material (brochures, leaflets...)
- A portfolio of required readings including articles or works' chapters around the explored theme.
- Specifications related to the cultural event.