· Educational and professional qualifications
· Property deeds, divorce proceedings
· Marriage contracts, contracts of sale, leases, etc.
Other official documents requiring certified translation
At the end of this learning unit, the student is able to :
Contribution of teaching unit to learning outcomes assigned to programme
This unit contributes to the acquisition and development of the following learning outcomes, as assigned to the Master¿s degree in translation :
4.1, 4.2, 4.3, 4.7
Specific learning outcomes on completion of teaching unit
On completing this unit the student is able to:
· Undertake the actions that will enable them to become a certified translator;
· Translate legal documents, certificates, deeds, contracts, insurance policies, etc., from Turkish to French while respecting the rules and legal provisions in force;
· Respect all of the constraints specific to this type of translation.
The contribution of this Teaching Unit to the development and command of the skills and learning outcomes of the programme(s) can be accessed at the end of this sheet, in the section entitled “Programmes/courses offering this Teaching Unit”.
Ethics and professional rules
Legal translation and terminology.
Translation and revision exercises (prepared in advance or in real time)
Critical use of IT translation tools (term banks, forums and social media, machine translation...)
Group comparisons and critical correction of individual pieces of work
- continuous assessment based on written preparation of the translations at home, class attendance and active participation (50 % of final result).
- written exam : translation of a text dealing with a theme explored in class (50% of final result).
September exam :
The continuous assessment mark will not be taken into account.
The written exam : translation of a text dealing with a theme explored in class (100% of final result).
Necati Engez, Örnekli Türkçe-Frans'zca Hukuk Terimleri Sözlü'ü, 2003.
Zeynep Mennan, Türkçe - Frans'zca Çeviri Amaçl' Terimler Sözlü'ü, 2002.