This biannual learning unit is not being organized in 2017-2018 !
- Introduction to the foundational pluralism present in Islam (in its thought, law and spirituality)
- Introduction to the history of classical exegetical schools and the principal currents of contemporary exegesis; particular attention will be paid to the polysemy of the Arabic language, and particularly of the Quranic Arabic language
- Awareness of themes and of the interdisciplinary demands of Quranic exegetical work: methodologies and exegetical working tools
- Presentation of the evolution of exegetical work and its modern tendencies (permanencies and ruptures).
At the end of this learning unit, the student is able to :
At the end of this course, the student should be made capable of recognizing the complexity of exegetical work and its relevance in the light of contemporary challenges, based on concrete Quranic examples.
The contribution of this Teaching Unit to the development and command of the skills and learning outcomes of the programme(s) can be accessed at the end of this sheet, in the section entitled “Programmes/courses offering this Teaching Unit”.
- Comparative analysis of the most influential exegetical tendencies through extracts of textual exegeses
- Examining methodological divergencies and convergencies.
- Magistral courses, with compulsory readings
Faculty or entity