At the end of this learning unit, the student is able to :
By the end of the course and exercise tutorials, students will:
The contribution of this Teaching Unit to the development and command of the skills and learning outcomes of the programme(s) can be accessed at the end of this sheet, in the section entitled “Programmes/courses offering this Teaching Unit”.
Classes are devoted particularly to the following points :
- analysis of the nature and function of words as well as examination of how they are classified;
- review of various major phenomena relating to the morphology of verbal forms in relation to the use of tense and moods in French;
- the role of the verbal pivot in French syntax and types of structure of the verbal group;
- types of phrase and different phenomena affecting their form;
- analysis of the components of simple and complex phrases (types and functions of propositions);
- review of a selection of important points in the use of spelling and punctuation ;
- development of a critical approach in the study of the language ; consideration of the necessity and limits of the linguistic norm;
- well-considered use of grammatical terminology.
1. GREVISSE, M., GOOSSE, A. Le bon usage. Grammaire française, éd. De Boeck-Duculot, 2016
2. Grevisse, M. (avec la contribution de M. Lits) 2009. Le Petit Grevisse. Grammaire française. De Boeck-Duculot.
3. PELLAT, J.-C., FONVIELLE, Sophie. Le Grevisse de l'Enseignant. Grammaire de référence. 2016. Magnard
4. PIRON, S. Grammaire française. Mise à niveau. 2013. De Boeck Supérieur.
5. RIEGEL, M., PELLAT, J.-C., RIOUL, R., Grammaire méthodique du français, éd. Presses universitaires de France, Paris, 1994.