This biannual learning unit is not being organized in 2017-2018 !
1. The translation of two major Greek literary works of the Hellenistic and Roman period;
2. The problem of establishing the text;
3. Systematic commentary presenting the context of the work, as well as the literary and human values contained therein.
At the end of this learning unit, the student is able to :
In-depth analysis of works of Greek authors of the Hellenistic and Roman period.
At the end of this course, the student will be capable to translate, analyse and comment on texts of an advanced level. He will be able to explain the historic and cultural context, to bring out the human values expressed therein, as well as to undertake a personal research as an extension of the course.
The contribution of this Teaching Unit to the development and command of the skills and learning outcomes of the programme(s) can be accessed at the end of this sheet, in the section entitled “Programmes/courses offering this Teaching Unit”.
- the texts studied during the course;
- the oral presentation of the personal commentary prepared by the student.
1. Le texte de base est celui du Thesaurus Linguae Graecae, soit généralement celui d'une édition d'Oxford;
2. Édition des Belles-Lettres :
Callimaque. Texte établi et traduit par E. Cahen, Paris, 1940.
Théocrite. Texte établi et traduit par Ph.-E. Legrand, Paris, 1925.
Une bibliographie complémentaire sera fournie au cours.
Grammaire de référence :
D. Planque, Grammaire grecque, 8e édition, Namur, 1977 (version pdf).