This biannual learning unit is being organized in 2017-2018
The prerequisite(s) for this Teaching Unit (Unité d’enseignement – UE) for the programmes/courses that offer this Teaching Unit are specified at the end of this sheet.
This course deals with the following themes:
1. Translation of works of Latin authors of the classical period;
2. Explanation of specific grammatical points (morphology and syntax);
3. A first approach to poetry writing and study of metres;
4. A commentary designed to put the work into context and to highlight the documentary and human values contained therein.
At the end of this learning unit, the student is able to :
At the end of the course the student will be able to analyse grammatically, to translate and comment upon texts of average difficulty. He will be able to explain the context, and to bring out the human values expressed therein.
The contribution of this Teaching Unit to the development and command of the skills and learning outcomes of the programme(s) can be accessed at the end of this sheet, in the section entitled “Programmes/courses offering this Teaching Unit”.
The global note is an average from the 2 partial notes.
For the 2d session, there is an oral exam on the texts of the whole year.
Outils de référence ;
- F. Gaffiot, Dictionnaire illustré latin-français, Paris, 2000 (nombreuses rééditions)
- A. Cart, P. Grimal e.a., Grammaire latine, Paris, Nathan, 2007.
- A.-M. Boxus, M. Lavency, Clauis. Grammaire latine pour la lecture des auteurs, Bruxelles, 3e éd., 1999