2. Improvement of writing skills : development of lexical and linguistic instruments that are necessary for understanding long and complex academic texts and for the production of clearly, fluently, and well structured texts.
3.improvement of speaking skills : development of the ability to give presentations in professional and academic life and to formulate ideas and opinions with precision.
At the end of this learning unit, the student is able to :
To develop a conversational competence in Dutch at the level of " proficient user " in the four skills. The course has the aim to sensitise the student for the different variants of using Dutch. The course corresponds to the level C1/C2 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFRL). We explore especially the registers of spoken and written academic Dutch.
The student will be able :
The contribution of this Teaching Unit to the development and command of the skills and learning outcomes of the programme(s) can be accessed at the end of this sheet, in the section entitled “Programmes/courses offering this Teaching Unit”.
In a second step, we will turn to discourse and linguistic skills that are necessary to understand complex texts and discourse at the academic level and to write professional and academic texts.
Different kinds of excercises will be used to improve the conversational competence, the ability to give presentations and the stylistic academic competence.
Final evaluation by means of a written and oral exam in June and in August
- S. Theissen, Ph. Hiligsmann & R. Lousberg, Nouveau dictionnaire contrastif des prépositions (français-néerlandais avec excercices), Brussel: De Boeck, 2003.
- S. Theissen, Ph. Hiligsmann & L. Rasier, Dictionnaire contrastif français-néerlandais, Louvain-la-Neuve: PUL, 2013.
- Ph. Hiligsmann, P. Degrave, K. Van Goethem & L. Rasier, 100 fautes. De Boeck, 2e édition, 2017.
- Wetenschappelijke artikelen/scientific articles.
Ouvrages de référence :
- J. Renkema/E. Daamen, Schrijfwijzer compact, Amsterdam: Boom, 2016.
- F. van Eemeren & F. Snoeck Henkemans, Argumentatie, Groningen/Houten : Noordhoff Uitgevers, 2011.