- Know how to integrate a gender approach in development analysis.
- Critical analytical skills of " female " and " male " stereotypes that have an impact on development policies at different scales (micro and macrosocial).
The different gender systems will be presented in their historical context. The seminar aims through case studies to highlight the importance of such an analysis in development.
The seminar has two main goals:
- Give an insight of the "gender and development" theoretical approaches and the analytical framework;
- Be confronted with research realised in different sociocultural contexts and field work.
The following themes will be presented:
1. Gender systems, dimensions and challenges.
2. The contribution of a gender approach to the economic and employment market analysis.
3. Gender, globalisation and migration.
4. Gender in the discourse and practice of different development cooperation institutions.
Other information (prerequisite, evaluation (assessment methods), course materials recommended readings, ...)
The evaluation will be based, on one hand, on the contribution of each student to the course and, on the other hand, on a group work that will be a paper on one of the themes of the course (chosen by the student). An oral presentation of the paper will be done dur-ing the session of exams.
The slides presented at the course will be available on icampus. A reading portfolio that gathers reference articles on the different themes of the course and a list of reference readings will be also available.
|éditeur responsable : Administration de l'enseignement et de la formation|secrétariat : |vie privée|règlements|