Contents Talks Events Software Bibtex Errata
Table Of Contents
2. Motivation and applications
3. Matrix manifolds: first-order geometry
4. Line-search algorithms
5. Matrix manifolds: second-order geometry
6. Newton's method
7. Trust-region methods
8. A constellation of superlinear algorithms
Detailed table of contents
Selected related talks
- Slides of the GIO 2014 talk on "Optimization on manifolds: methods and applications", Bordeaux, 4-5 Dec 2014.
- Slides of the BFG'09 talk "Optimization on manifolds: methods and applications", Leuven, 18 Sep 2009.
- Talk on vector transport given at ICIAM 07,
17 July 2007:
Overview talk given at the DYSCO meeting, 16 April 2007:
- A compact course is planned in this series for 24-25 April 2017 in Munich, Germany.
Selected past events
- Manopt is a Matlab toolbox for
optimization on manifolds.
- Related software is listed in Manopt's About page.
author = "P.-A. Absil and R. Mahony and R. Sepulchre",
title = "Optimization Algorithms on Matrix Manifolds",
publisher = "Princeton University Press",
address = "Princeton, NJ",
year = 2008,
pages = "xvi+224",
isbn = "978-0-691-13298-3",
keywords = "optimization on manifolds, Riemannian optimization, retraction, vector transport",