Click on the publication title to access to the full bibliographic reference or visit the R-SWMS Zotero Group at https://www.zotero.org/groups/r-swms.
- Huber, Katrin, 2015 . The role of soil heterogeneity on field scale evapotranspiration: 3D integrative modelling and upscaling of root water uptake, , Bonn / Jülich.
- Couvreur, Valentin, 2013 . Emergent properties of plant hydraulic architecture: A modelling study, Université catholique de Louvain, Louvain-la-Neuve, Belgique.
- Schroeder, Natalie, 2013 . Three-dimensional Solute Transport Modeling in Coupled Soil and Plant Root Systems, Université catholique de Louvain, Louvain-la-Neuve, Belgique.
- Schröder, Tom, 2009 . Three dimensional modelling of soil-plant interactions: consistent coupling of soil and plant root systems, Bonn University, .
Articles in peer-reviewed international journals
- Zarebanadkouki et al., 2016. Estimation of the hydraulic conductivities of lupine roots by inverse modelling of high-resolution measurements of root water uptake. Annals of Botany: mcw154.
- Schwartz et al., 2016. The impact of mucilage on root water uptake—A numerical study. Water Resources Research 52 (1): 264-277.
- Koebernick et al., 2015. Unraveling the hydrodynamics of split root water uptake experiments using CT scanned root architectures and three dimensional flow simulations. Frontiers in Plant Science 6.
- Huber et al., 2015. Simulating transpiration and leaf water relations in response to heterogeneous soil moisture and different stomatal control mechanisms. Plant and Soil 394 (1-2): 109-126.
- Lobet et al., 2015. Root System Markup Language: Toward a Unified Root Architecture Description Language. Plant Physiology 167 (3): 617-627.
- Couvreur et al., 2014. Dynamic aspects of soil water availability for isohydric plants: Focus on root hydraulic resistances. Water Resources Research: n/a-n/a.
- Huber et al., 2014. Modelling the impact of heterogeneous rootzone water distribution on the regulation of transpiration by hormone transport and/or hydraulic pressures. Plant and Soil 384 (1-2): 93-112.
- Couvreur et al., 2014. Horizontal soil water potential heterogeneity: simplifying approaches for crop water dynamics models. Hydrology and Earth System Sciences 18 (5): 1723-1743.
- Lobet et al., 2014. Plant Water Uptake in Drying Soils. PLANT PHYSIOLOGY 164 (4): 1619-1627.
- Leitner et al., 2014. Impact of contrasted maize root traits at flowering on water stress tolerance – A simulation study. Field Crops Research.
- Schröder et al., 2014. Linking transpiration reduction to rhizosphere salinity using a 3D coupled soil-plant model. Plant and Soil 377 (1-2): 277-293.
- Dunbabin et al., 2013. Modelling root–soil interactions using three–dimensional models of root growth, architecture and function. Plant and Soil 372 (1-2): 93-124.
- Stingaciu et al., 2013. In Situ Root System Architecture Extraction from Magnetic Resonance Imaging for Water Uptake Modeling. Vadose Zone Journal.
- Javaux et al., 2013. Root Water Uptake: From Three-Dimensional Biophysical Processes to Macroscopic Modeling Approaches. Vadose Zone Journal 12 (4).
- de Willigen et al., 2012. Root Water Uptake as Simulated by Three Soil Water Flow Models. Vadose Zone Journal 11 (3).
- Couvreur et al., 2012. A simple three-dimensional macroscopic root water uptake model based on the hydraulic architecture approach. Hydrology and Earth System Sciences 16 (8): 2957-2971.
- Schröder et al., 2012. Effect of Root Water and Solute Uptake on Apparent Soil Dispersivity: A Simulation Study. Vadose Zone Journal 11 (3).
- Janott et al., 2011. A one-dimensional model of water flow in soil-plant systems based on plant architecture. Plant and Soil 341 (1-2): 233-256.
- Draye et al., 2010. Model-assisted integration of physiological and environmental constraints affecting the dynamic and spatial patterns of root water uptake from soils. Journal of Experimental Botany 61 (8): 2145-2155.
- Schroeder et al., 2009. Implementation of a Microscopic Soil-Root Hydraulic Conductivity Drop Function in a Three-Dimensional Soil-Root Architecture Water Transfer Model. Vadose Zone Journal 8 (3): 783-792.
- Schröder et al., 2009. A grid refinement approach for a three-dimensional soil-root water transfer model. Water resources research 45 (10): W10412.
- Javaux et al., 2008. Use of a three-dimensional detailed modeling approach for predicting root water uptake. Vadose Zone Journal 7 (3): 1079-1088.
- Shroeder et al., 2008. Effect of local soil hydraulic conductivity drop using a three-dimensional root water uptake model. Vadose Zone Journal 7 (3): 1089-1098.
- Doussan et al., 2006. Water uptake by plant roots: II - Modelling of water transfer in the soil root-system with explicit account of flow within the root system - Comparison with experiments. Plant and Soil 283 (1-2): 99-117.
- Roose and Fowler, 2004. A model for water uptake by plant roots. Journal of Theoretical Biology 228 (2): 155-171.