Husnain Ali Kayani was born in Jhelum, Pakistan, in 1989. He received his BE in electrical engineering from National University of Sciences and Technology (NUST), Islamabad, Pakistan, in 2011. He received his MS in electrical engineering from Université catholique de Louvain (UCL), Belgium and Polytechnic University of Turin (PdT), Italy, in 2015. He had worked as “Core Network Engineer” in Mobilink Pakistan from 2011 to 2013. Currently he is pursuing his PhD at UCL in electrical engineering. He has been working on Electronically Steerable Parasitic Array Radiators (ESPARs) for the base station antennas of 5G communication systems. He is also working on the development of RF front-ends and antennas for automotive RADARs.
He had won scholarship from NUST throughout his BE from 2007 to 2011. He was a recipient of Erasmus Mundus Scholarship from European Union for a double degree MS program from 2013 to 2015.
He likes to play tennis, football and badminton in his free time. He also likes travelling and adventure.
His research interests are antenna design, phased arrays, reconfigurable antennas, RF circuit design, RF front end design and RFIC design.
- H. A. Kayani, Q. Gueuning, N. Goreux, D. Vanhoenacker-Janvier, C. Oestges and C. Craeye, ”Reconfigurable Cellular Base Station Antenna Consisting of Parasitic Radiators,” in IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, August 2019.
- H. A. Kayani and C. Craeye, ”A High Directivity Beam-Steering Parasitic Antenna Array,” 2019 European Microwave Conference (EuMW), Paris, 2019.
- H. A. Kayani, K. Alkhalifeh and C. Craeye, ”Open-circuit to embedded pattern approach with harmonic optimization in ESPAR,” 2017 IEEE MTT-S International Conference on Numerical Electromagnetic and Multiphysics Modeling and Optimization for RF, Microwave, and Terahertz Applications (NEMO), Seville, 2017, pp. 31-33.
- D. Tihon, H. B. Van, H. Ali Kayani and C. Craeye, ”Simplified treatment of three-media junctions using the Method of Moments,” 2018 International Conference on Electromagnetics in Advanced Applications (ICEAA), Cartagena des Indias, 2018, pp. 244-246.
- M. Bodehou, S. Hubert, H. Ali Kayani, C. Craeye and I. Huynen, ”Analysis of Elliptical Aperture Metasurface Antennas,” 2018 12th International Congress on Artificial Materials for NovelWave Phenomena (Metamaterials), Espoo, 2018, pp. 84-86.
Phone: +32 10 47 80 94