Welcome to the Intervention and Research
in Socio-Emotional Competence Lab (I-lab).
I-lab is a research laboratory designed for the study of emotional and social competence, and pursues five main lines of research:
- Understanding the influence of emotional skills on personal (mental and physical health), interpersonal (social, marital) and organizational outcomes.
- Creating and validating psychological interventions to improve emotional competence, and testing their effects on various outcomes.
- Understanding the influence of hormones on emotional and social behaviors.
- Understanding the causes, consequences and biological correlates of various forms of burnout (including parental burnout) and developing psychological interventions.
- Understanding the determinants and effects of counter-productive compliments.