Admission Requirements - Bachelor's
(Decree of March 31st 2004 defining higher education, favoring its integration in the European framework of higher education and refinancing universities)
All information can be obtained from the student secretariat.
The admission requirements have to be met at the time of enrollment at the university
Language exam: mastering the French language
On condition that other specific legal requirements have been met and with the aim of obtaining the academic grade that sanctions them, the students who can present the following documents will have access to 1st-cycle studies that are not divided into two parts or to the 1st year of a 1st-cycle degree that is divided into two parts:
- A secondary-school diploma issued as from the school-year 1993-1994 by a full-time secondary school or by an evening school recognized by the French Community and sanctioned by the appropriate commission, as well as those who have been issued with the same certificate, as from 1994, by the Jury of the French Community
- A secondary-school diploma issued at the latest by the end of the school-year 1992-1993, along with a degree proving the aptitude to access higher education, in case the student wished to enroll for a 1st-cycle degree (long type)
- A diploma issued by an institution of higher education recognized by the French Community that is able to deliver academic grades, or a diploma issued by a university institution or an institution organizing full-time higher education acknowledged by previous legislation.
- Proof of passing one of the entry exams organized by the institutions of higher education or by a jury of the French Community, the programs of which have been sanctioned by the Government after consultation according to the sector, the Inter-University Council of the French Community (CIUF) or the General Council of Polytechnics (CGHE); this certificate grants access to the studies in the sectors or domains it indicates.
- A diploma, title or study certificate similar to the ones mentioned above, issued by the Flemish Community (this certificate does not mean the student is exempt from the language exam proving the mastering the french language), the German Community or by the Royal Military Academy.
- A foreign diploma, title or study certificate that has been acknowledged as equivalent to the ones mentioned above. The requests for equivalence have to be submitted before July 15th 2008, to the Service ofs Equivalences of the Higher Education and Scientific Research Ministry of the French Community of Belgium.
Remarks: The two following titles are acknowledged as being automatically equivalent to the Certificate of Secondary Education (CESS):
- A European baccalaureate issued by the Higher Council of European Schools
- An international baccalaureate issued by the International Baccalaureate Council in Geneva
- A diploma acknowledging the aptitude to access higher education (DAES) issued by the Jury of the French Community.
Language examination: mastering of the French language
No student can be admitted to any one year of the 1st cycle of any studies if they have not passed an examination acknowledging a sufficient knowledge of the French language.