Master in Modern Languages and Literatures : German, Dutch and English [120.0] - GERM2M
1. At the end of his studies, regardless of the focus chosen, the student will have developed high level communication skills in the two Germanic languages studied.
These skills are classed at European level as belonging to a 'proficient user'.
In concrete terms, the student will be able to :
• Participate with ease in interactive communication relating to social, professional and academic life;
• Express himself in writing on complex subjects in a clear, well-structured way, master the academic vocabulary and the organisational and cohesive skills in discourse;
• Understand without difficulty complex presentations in foreign languages, even if they are made in a language which departs somewhat from 'standard' language;
• Understand a large range of long, demanding texts, as well as grasp the detail of implicit meaning and academic arguments.
2. Depending on the focus chosen, the student will also have developed :
The programme is made up of:
♦ core courses (75 credits), made up of:
- 28 dissertation credits and 2 credits for the accompanying seminar;
- 30 credits in language courses (15 credits per language studied);
- 15 credits for optional courses depending on languages studied;
♦ one focus (30 credits);
♦ and one option or optional courses (15 credits).
Wathever the focus or the options chosen, the programme of this master shall totalise 120 credits, spread over two years of studies each of 60 credits
Options or optional courses
Other accessible masters :
- at the end of the master 120, each focus in the Master in Modern Languages and Literatures : German, Dutch and English, can be obtained in a new year of 30 credits only;
- the Master in Multilingual Communication [120.0] and the Master in Linguistics [120.0] are particularly good choices of accessible masters after a Master in Modern Languages and Literatures : German, Dutch and English.
Accessible doctoral training :
- 'École doctorale en Langues et lettres';
- 'École doctorale thématique en didactique du français, des langues, des littératures et des cultures'.
| 5/05/2009 |