- Ability to understand the main social and economic challenges in Latin America.
- Ability to put into question generally accepted ideas on social identities in Latin America and making the students aware of the socio-cultural heterogeneousness of this sub-continent.
Give analytical tools that enable the students to understand the main social and economic challenges in Latin America. This will be based on the analysis of the logics of the different actors at local, national and interna-tional level and on readings over a long time period.
Based on a review of the academic literature of the problematic, as it has been developed in the last twenty years by social and economic science in America, the following theme will be analysed:
1) The evolution of the development model and the social and economic challenges. The main transforma-tions in the last twenty years.
2) Social movements and socio-cultural dynamics in the globalisation era.
3) Social identities, migration and gender relations.
Other information (prerequisite, evaluation (assessment methods), course materials recommended readings, ...)
For the sociogical part (15h) a paper will be asked at the end of the course on one of the topics seen. For the economic part (15h) there will be an oral exam.
A reading portfolio on the different themes will be available to the students.
The course will be given in Spanish and will be part of the courses offered in the frame-work of the " Master en Estudios Ibéricos e Iberoamericanos " of the KUL, a Spanish programme to which the UCL is associated.
|éditeur responsable : Administration de l'enseignement et de la formation|secrétariat : |vie privée|règlements|