The Master’s programme in Agricultural, Food and Environmental Policy Analysis responds to the increasing need to better understand the socio-economic and environmental effects of public policies targeted to the global agricultural and food sector and the rural environment. It provides you with high quality education in designing and assessing these policies and prepares you for a professional, international and world-changing career within the field.
Do you want to become a world-changer? Apply today!
The AFEPA programme offers a two-year academic curriculum, specialized in theoretical, methodological and empirical courses in economics and quantitative methods, with a vast range of specializations within the fields of policy, rural development, agribusiness, marketing and market analysis, all concerning the interactions between agriculture, policy and the environment. This curriculum give students a broad expertise and the possibility to study at several widely recognized universities.
The AFEPA experience gives you:
* A diverse and high quality Master’s education with great career opportunities
* An international experience in a world-wide network and good preparation for a global job market.
* A double Master’s degree from two renowned European universities
Master’s degree graduates of the AFEPA programme have a qualified understanding of public policies oriented to the agricultural and food sector, rural areas and natural resources. They are competent to develop and use quantitative methods to perform rigorous socio-economic and environmental assessment of these policies, and relevant policy recommendations for a more sustainable development of this sector. Graduates are well equipped to take responsibilities in international, national and regional agencies, non-governmental organizations, consultancy firms, professional organizations and private companies.
The AFEPA partner universities are recognized worldwide for the quality of their educational programme and scientific achievements in agricultural, environmental and economic sciences.
The AFEPA main partner universities consist of:
- Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore (UCSC) in Milano, Italy
- Rheinische Friedrich-Wilhelms-Universität (UBonn) in Bonn, Germany
- Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences (SLU) in Uppsala, Sweden
- Université catholique de Louvain (UCL) in Louvain-la-neuve, Belgium
The three associated AFEPA partner universities are:
- Pontificia Universidad Católica (PUC) in Santiago, Chile
- University of Alberta (UAlberta) in Edmonton, Canada
- Universitat Politecnica de Catalunya (UPC) in Barcelona, Spain
International network for a global career – and friends for life
One of the popular features of the AFEPA program is the yearly summer school at one of the partner universities. This is an opportunity for students from all over the world to share experiences, make friends and grow a professional network. In 2017 for example, the summer school will take place in Barcelona (click here for a video of a past AFEPA summer school in Barcelona that was produced by the AFEPA students themselves).
APPLY FOR THE AFEPA PROGRAM TODAY – European students can still apply until May 15th (see this link for specific information).
Follow us on social media: Facebook