Optimization Algorithms on Matrix Manifolds
Contents Talks Events Software Bibtex Authors Publisher's page Catalog links Errata
Table Of Contents
2. Motivation and applications
3. Matrix manifolds: first-order geometry
4. Line-search algorithms
5. Matrix manifolds: second-order geometry
6. Newton's method
7. Trust-region methods
8. A constellation of superlinear algorithms
Detailed table of contents
Selected related talks
- Slides of the BFG'09 talk "Optimization on manifolds: methods and applications", Leuven, 18 Sep 2009
- Talk on vector transport given at ICIAM 07,
17 July 2007:
Overview talk given at the DYSCO meeting, 16 April 2007:
- Invited session on Optimization on Manifolds at Optimization 2011
- EECI graduate course on Optimization on Matrix Manifolds, Supelec (Paris), 14-17 February 2011
- 29th International Summer School in Automatic Control of Grenoble: "Optimization on manifolds: theory and applications", Grenoble, France, 16-19 September 2008.
workshop on Optimization on Manifolds at the 46th IEEE Conference
on Decision and Control, New Orleans, 11 December 2007.
- Course on Optimization on Manifolds at the Belgian Graduate school in Systems,
Optimization, Control and Networks, Louvain-la-Neuve, October 2007.
- Manopt, a Matlab toolbox for
optimization on manifolds.
Generic Riemannian Trust-Region package.
of MATLAB routines for Stiefel Grassmann optimization.
author = "P.-A. Absil and R. Mahony and R. Sepulchre",
title = "Optimization Algorithms on Matrix Manifolds",
publisher = "Princeton University Press",
address = "Princeton, NJ",
year = 2008,
pages = "xvi+224",
isbn = "978-0-691-13298-3",
About the authors
- P.-A. Absil is with the Department of Mathematical Engineering, Université catholique de Louvain.
- R. Mahony is with the Department of Engineering, The Australian National University.
- R. Sepulchre is with the Department of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, Université de Liège.
Princeton University Press:
Barnes & Noble (USA)