The light is the Aula Magna’s main selling point as it is a vast glass house – 70 m long by 30 m wide – on the edge of the lake that connects it to the town. In a young town that needs to offer its inhabitants and visitors clear attractions, this new space designed by the architect Philippe Samyn offers both academic and corporate events, as well as cultural shows that ensure that the region’s influence spreads far and wide.
Address and transportation:
Place Raymond Lemaire 1-1348 Louvain-la-Neuve
Going to the Gala dinner:
- for those visiting libraries at Louvain-la-Neuve (Library of Sciences and Technologies, Library of Social sciences), you will be alreadyat the right place!
- for those visiting libraries at the city centre (National Bank's of Belgium, Royal Library), departure from the Conference venue will occur at 17:30 (by coach).
- for those visiting the ULB Humanities library, departure from ULB at 18:00 (by coach).
More information about the library tours
NB: There will be no free time between the end of the library visits and the departure of coach (no possibility to go to your hotel).
Coming back from the Gala dinner:
Coaches will bring you back to Brussels, stop at Central station (metro station).
- First coach at 22:30
- Second coach at 23:00; this coach will also make a stop hotel Chambord
- Third coach at 23:30
- Last coach at 00:00
NB: latest metro from Central station
- 0:04 to Hermann-Debroux
- 0:17 to Erasme
- 0:22 to Stockel
- 0:27 to Gare de l'Ouest
More about public transportation
The price of this reception and coach transportation is included in the registration fee.
- Your comments are welcomed on this page! (login is needed)
46 weeks 1 day ago
Recent blog posts
- This is it!
- Welcome reception: Wednesday July 4
- Click the city: Brussels has been tagged!
- Some tips when visiting Brussels
- Preparation of the proceedings
- Newsletter tool has been set up!
- A mobile app for EAHIL2012!
- Sponsoring and exhibiting at EAHIL 2012 Conference
- Message to presenters: Information for presenters has been updated
- E-mails were from website blocked, problem is now solved