Announcement of EAHIL 25th Anniversary Conference “Health information without frontiers” and call for papers
The European Association for Health Information and Libraries (EAHIL) and the organising institution, l’Université catholique de Louvain (UCL) and its Library for Health Sciences, are proud to announce their 25th anniversary conference, to take place from July 2 to July 6, 2012, in Brussels (Belgium).
EAHIL is the European professional organization of the information specialists in medicine and health-related professions. It was founded in 1987, and organized its first meeting also in Brussels. The UCL is honoured to be elected as the venue of this anniversary meeting.
The meeting’s sessions will be hold at the second UCL campus, located in Brussels itself. The campus is home to the medical faculty and its University Hospital. Endowed with an astonishing architecture, UCL/Brussels houses a sculpture garden, a medicinal plant garden, an old farm and a mill. Highly urban yet village-like, the site is widely appreciated by residents and visitors. At 7 km away from Brussels National Airport, and a quarter of an hour away from the Grand Place by metro, UCL/Brussels is truly located at the heart of Europe.
The International Programme Committee presents a scientific program with the following activities: one and a half day of continuing education, oral presentations of contributed papers, state-of-the art lectures by invited speakers, poster presentations, workshops, and panel and round tables sessions. The preliminary schedule is available on the Conference website.
CALL FOR PAPERS, POSTERS and CEC
The International Programme Committee invites all interested persons to submit papers or posters or propose continuing education courses for the EAHIL Brussels Conference. People interested to present at the meeting are referred to the guidelines for authors..
The central theme of the conference is “Health information without frontiers”. The conference wishes to explore more specifically the following topics:
Communications in English only:
- Library development
- Library management incl. economics
- Evidence-based library and information practice
- EBM support
- Health informatics
- New roles of health librarians
- Digital libraries
- Free communications (other interesting things)
Communications in English or French:
- Information literacy/user instruction
- Information needs of health professionals (nursing, rehabilitation specialists, speech therapists, etc.)
ABSTRACT SUBMISSION should be done using the EAHIL website: http://www.eahil2012.be.
DEADLINE for submission: November 14, 2011 November 30, 2011.
Notification of acceptance will be notified to the submitting author by December 31, 2011. In case of acceptance, the authors are requested to confirm their presence at the meeting by January 16, 2012, and prepare a text for the Congress’ proceedings by April 30, 2012.
Abstract submission begins October 12th, 2011.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION, PLEASE CONTACT
- Scientific Questions: Chair of the International Programme Committee, Dr Henri Verhaaren (go to the contact webform and select Category "International Programme Committee")
- Organisational issues: Chair of the Organizing Committee Ghislaine Decleve (go to the contact webform and select Category "Local Organising Committee")
- Your comments are welcomed on this page! (login is needed)
49 weeks 5 days ago
Recent blog posts
- This is it!
- Welcome reception: Wednesday July 4
- Click the city: Brussels has been tagged!
- Some tips when visiting Brussels
- Preparation of the proceedings
- Newsletter tool has been set up!
- A mobile app for EAHIL2012!
- Sponsoring and exhibiting at EAHIL 2012 Conference
- Message to presenters: Information for presenters has been updated
- E-mails were from website blocked, problem is now solved